Thursday 5 February 2015

Hair Tutorial - My Washing And Straightening Routine For Wavy/Curly Hair


Hi everyone!
As you probably already know I have very thick wavy/curly hair. This means washing and straightening takes a while but I have learnt a few things that make it a bit easier. So here is my washing and straightening routine!

I wash my hair using Tresemme shampoo. If my hair still feels a bit dirty after one wash I will wash it again with the same shampoo. 
After that I use Pantene hydrating curls conditioner. While the conditioner is still in my hair I brush all the knots out of my hair with my hands then wash it out.
To dry my hair I just squeeze all the water out then wrap it in a towel for a while. I don't rub my hair with the towel because this makes it frizzy.
If I need to dry my hair quickly I use a hairdryer with a diffuser on the end.



When my hair is completely dry I can straighten it. I don't brush my hair because this also makes it frizzy so if there is any knots I carefully brush them out with my fingers. I am using my Nume In-vouge straightener set at 390 °F



I straighten my hair in 3 or 4 different sections starting at the bottom. If the underneath isn't straight there is no way your hair is going to look perfectly straight at the end.


I take a small section and slowly run the straightener down it starting as close to my head as possible. Running it slowly down works better than having to go over it heaps of times and does less damage. If the ends still aren't straight I go over them again starting from about halfway down my hair.

After I straighten the underneath I let down another section of hair and straighten that. I keep doing this until it is all straight.



So that is my washing and straightening routine! I hope this helps people with hair like mine!

-Alexis xx :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Thank you for sharing valuable information. I enjoyed reading this post. Please Feel Free to Visit haute her tips

    ReplyDelete