Wednesday 18 February 2015

DIY - Strappy Layering Bra

             

Hi everyone!
It has been a while since I last posted because my internet ran out :( but I am back!! Today's DIY is how to make your own strappy layering bra with just a bra and some elastic trim. I have seen heaps of these on Pinterest and I think they look amazing under other tops and could be a really cool idea for festivals under crop tops. 
Below are some ideas and the steps for you to make your own!





What you need:

-A plain bra or bralette - I used a plain 
black one that has been sitting in my drawer for ages

-Elastic trim to match your bra whatever 
thickness you like - you can find this at sewing shops

-Needle and thread or a sewing machine

-Scissors

-Pins



1. Cut your elastic trim and pin it where you want it. Leave a bit extra on the ends just in case you need to adjust anything. As you can see I just started with a simple x shape.

2. Carefully try your bra on (without stabbing yourself like I did :/) to make sure the trim is pinned in the right place. Make any adjustments if you need to. 


3. Sew on the elastic. I had to hand stitch because my sewing machine isn't going at the moment but it would be way quicker to use it if you have one. 


After I tried it on again I decided I wanted another couple of straps so just added them on the same way. 

             

Done! Super quick and easy and looks amazing under low cut tops. I am wearing mine under a top I got from I Heart Raves. Another thing to try would be one with straps on the back to wear under a backless top. 
If you have any DIY requests please let me know!

-Alexis :) xx







No comments:

Post a Comment