Sunday 8 March 2015

Kandi!!

Hi everyone!

As promised (weeks ago :/) I putting up a couple of posts on how to make kandi! This is just a quick post on the basic supplies you need and ideas for making singles. :)

For those people who don't know what kandi is it is jewellery like bracelets, necklaces, masks and other things made from colored pony beads and is usually worn by ravers and EDM fans. 




Basic Supplies:

-Pony beads in different colours - I got a big box of 
diffenet colours and glow-in-the-dark ones
-Elastic String
Extras:
-Letter beads
-Charms and shape beads


Start by laying out the pattern you want with the beads. I just did pink and purple and spelled out I'm a unicorn. 


String the beads onto the elastic. It's easier to do this before you cut it so if you accidentally drop it you wont lose all the beads (I've done that enough times).

I make mine with 28-34 beads usually depending on where I want to wear it on my arm, sometimes more.


Tie off the elastic and cut off the ends. Done!!


 Have fun coming up with heaps of new kandi ideas and showing off your creativity. Below are a couple of ideas for more interesting kandi and some of my kandi.




I will be putting up a new post soon on how to make cuffs! :)

-Alexis :)


No comments:

Post a Comment